Worried that I haven't heard anything from schools

I am starting to get a little anxious. I applied to 13 schools and have only heard from 3 (2 rejections and 1 interview invite). They all had different deadlines (1 Aug., 1 Sept., 1 Oct.,etc) and I made them all, got confirmations from most (if not all) that they'd received my applications. However, I have not heard back from the majority of the schools and this is making me worried, if not a little paranoid... Should I call the schools to make sure they have my applications? Or do I just tough it out? Thanks!

I don't see anything wrong with calling/emailing to make sure they have your complete application. On another note, all of the schools I've interviewed at have told us about the huge increase in applicants this year and that they're a bit behind because of it. For example, one school that received 900 apps last year had received 1600 when I was there and the deadline hadn't passed yet. That's a significant more amount of apps they have to read so, of course, it's going to take longer.

Good luck! Hope you hear soon!!

I agree with the above. If you have continued working in healthcare/shadowed anymore PAs/started any new volunteer activity or anything else noteworthy like that you could also call/email with that info. "Hi, I submitted my CASPA and supplemental application back in July and wanted to inquire about the status of my application and also note that I have now shadowed an additional PA in cardiothoracic surgery and have acquired 500 more hours of direct patient care experience from continuing to work 40 hour weeks at my EMT position." Try not to use such a long run-on sentence if you go that route...

Not to be a downer, but in addition to checking in with the schools you've applied to - start formulating your back up plan. Sign up to retake classes you didn't do so well in, set up some shadowing experiences, do some volunteer work, keep adding onto your HCE hours. That way if you don't get in this cycle when you apply next cycle you will have a lot to show on how you've improved. I didn't get in my first try but I think by improving my application it showed adcoms how determined and devoted I was to getting into PA school. Good luck!

Archived