Calling all Baylor alumni (and soon to be's) !

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually not in Texas anymore. I am in California now and working in Spine since I graduated. However, right after we all graduated it seemd that about 1/3 of our class went into fam. medicine or ER, a couple into ob/gyn, a handful in peds or peds specialty, another handful into med. specialty, and the rest in surgery (which was mostly ortho.) I graduated in 2009 and it seems as though already about 1/3 of the class is at least into their second job and some into 3rd. However, yes working in the med center is a great way to network and many of my classmates got job offers in their rotations even though only a few actually ended up working there.

• 4 weeks later...

Just graduated. I'm not staying in Houston for personal reasons (just not a city girl), but you're right about the opportunities. Many of the sites we rotate at (the VA, Texas Children's, the county hospitals, even MD Anderson) actively recruit from new Baylor grads. Even further out from Houston the name carries some weight. As for specialty, I think most of us will be doing Family Practice, IM, or Peds. A lot of people in Surgery/Ortho.

Archived