Ps

Can someone edit this paper please

STATEMENT OF REASON FOR CAREER CHOICE

For as long as one can remember, I have wanted a profession, a way of life where one can’t only have a long, productive, and prosperous career. But also be in a position to help people, and have a positive impact in their lives. As a child, my dream was to be a Health Care Provider, growing with my brother as a Medical Doctor who always had late night emergency calls to save a life. Being curious to see my brother’s response to the patients, I usually ran behind him on foot to see his actions especially those involved in accidents. Living in Africa with high poverty rate was touching, seeing people die of inadequate and unaffordable health care, shortages of Nurses, Physician Assistants and Doctors, especially in the rural areas.

If you want to be the best, then you must work and train with the best. With this in mind, I finally left Cameroon for the United States about Six years ago for greener pastures. Upon my arrival I enrolled at Prince George’s Community College, studying Liberal Arts and Sciences. My studies were extensive, though faced with challenges in some courses. My two years of prerequisites at PGCC qualified me for admission into the Howard University, which provides me with stronger educational foundation to build my career.

In 2006, I completed an internship that trains me to be able to care for the sick and disabled. Since then, I have relentlessly worked at Global Health Service and KBC Nursing Agency; having direct contact with about thirty different patients. Taking these patients to their doctors’ appointments exposes me to a wide range of different health professionals especially Physician Assistants, who spend quality time with patients to know and explain procedures. These experiences have been outstanding, and have provided me with a strong footing in patient care. Getting to share health knowledge and advices from PAs that I meet during hospital visits with my patients is where my zeal of becoming a Physician Assistant comes from. Also the flexibility this career offers, such as moving from specialty to specialty, also captures my interest in the profession. The profession that would allow me diagnose, treat, know and spend time in explaining procedures to patients

Being conscious of the challenges in the program of Physician Assistant, I have successfully balanced the rigors of going to school and making a living at the same time. Coming to a new land, learning a new culture, working and going to school at the same time, make me know all about overcoming challenges. This takes a great deal of concentration, dedication, and perseverance.

These work experiences have crystallized my challenges and frustration of becoming a health care provider. The diverse environment has augmented my studies, and have provided me with concrete examples of how individuals can benefit from caring, and how communities suffer when inadequate health care services are not available and affordable. As a Physician Assistant, I will deliver health care to the underserved urban and rural populations with compassion and sensitivity. Also I will systematically resolve problems, as well as will consult with the supervising Physician and others when needed. The intensive PA program at Howard University will enforce execution of this career choice efficiently and effectively to make a change in peoples lives.

I am making an assumption that English is not your first language. Learning a foreign language is one of the most academically difficult things I have ever attempted. I am in awe of people who are learning medicine in a language that is not their native tongue. I wish you best of luck and my opinion is below...

If you are still attached to either Howard University or PGCC, I would highly suggest you take your essay to a writing or English tutor on campus. Most campuses offer free tutoring services. The amount of mistakes found within your essay would be exhausting and horribly time consuming to discuss via this forum.

If you are no longer a student with access to those services, I think it would greatly benefit you to hire a tutor to help you re write your essay. Keep the information that you want to share but let them help you present it in a manner that is easier to read.

"These work experiences have crystallized my challenges and frustration of becoming a health care provider. The diverse environment has augmented my studies, and have provided me with concrete examples of how individuals can benefit from caring, and how communities suffer when inadequate health care services are not available and affordable."

Poor grammar from language barriers is excusable. Plagiarism is not. This line is directly out of Andrew Rodicans book "The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into PA School" page 90. If you are going to plagiarize, at least be smart enough not to copy the most well known book for pre-PA students, which was authored by someone who is active on these boards.

Archived