Student loans for MCPHS

I was just accepted to MCPHS - Boston, and I would love to go, but the program plus living in Boston will be so expensive. Do any of the current students or future students know what kind of loans students usually take out for MCPHS? Are students happy with their financial aid (I know financial aid offices can be very difficult to deal with at some schools)? Do students have luck finding scholarships? And, if anyone knows, how much debt does the average student graduate with from this program? I know these are loaded questions, but if anyone knows, I'd appreciate hearing from you!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a first year @ MCP-Boston, and I love it! It is very expensive, and I took out Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and GradPlus loans....basically everything I could get. The financial aid process was easy. They sent me what I was awarded, I got a GradPlus for the rest, and then they automatically put it in my account. I get a hefty refund check for other expenses. I will be 100,000 dollars in debt at the end of the program. There is very little/if any scholarship opportunities. I looked and couldn't find one thing to apply for.

• 1 month later...

Check out the schools pa tuition costs for the program. When wageeslin says 100 K That is only tuition. 3 years of living expences will add another 70 k maybe more, that is unless you have savimgs you can use or have a rich uncle or something. I gave up my seat at MCPHS because nearly 200k of debt for a job that the avg starting pay is 80k didnt make financial sense, but do what you got to do. Check out the link or call the school and ask what ghe avg debt is coming out of the pa program. http://www.mcphs.edu/admission-and-aid/tuition-and-fees/master-of-physician-assistant-studies

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what you consider really expensive (i know boston is on the pricy side, but i grew up here so i'm pretty used to it), but there are definitely affordable places to live outside of boston that would be a pretty easy commute to MCPHS. my cousin goes there for nursing and splits an apartment with several other people. they all pay around $400 each/month.

Archived