MCHS Spokane

I'm coming in from Italy the 17th. Swooshie1...Spokane is a wonderful place. I spent 3 years there while in the military. See you soon!

Thanks Catherine527! I've heard great things from everyone I've spoken to about Spokane; can't wait to get there, spend some time exploring on Friday and meet everyone on Saturday. I'm on a mission today to find appropriate "business casual attire" - 200 miles (one way!) to the nearest mall with a store other than Kmart!

lowryjb and swooshie and anyone else,

I'll be staying at the travelodge, which is nearby campus as well. If I recall correctly from last time there are some restaurants just west. Feel free to email me so we can set something up. Look forward to meeting some fellow interviewees.

-Kevin

norditalia3@gmail.com

Hi, guys! Just thought I'd chime in. The campus is right off I-90 (you can see it while driving by; in fact, I'd driven by it numerous times before learning what it was.) If you turn left off the exit (rather than turning right to the school), there are many restaurants nearby, both fast food and sit-down. The last time I was in Spokane was to pick up my mom from the airport. We zipped up the freeway, checked out the WSU campus for her, then popped over to Chili's which is, happily enough, down the road from Medex. We swung by so I could check it out before getting back on the freeway and heading back to Idaho. There are a lot of non-chain choices, too. There are also several budget hotels nearby. The area as a whole seems a bit industrial and non-fancy, but we've never had any problems, nor have we felt less than safe.

Good luck!! I hope the interviews go well for you all. :)

Dinner sounds great! I used to live there and have a suggestion...The Onion...it is in north spokane right off the main drag from the interstate headed north. I'd be willing to pick some folks up if needed. Let me know what you guys think and i'll call them! By the way...it'll be cold!

This sounds great! I'll PM some of you my cell number ! Looking forward to it !

This sounds great! I'll PM some of you my cell number ! Looking forward to it !

There is also an Onion downtown very near the hotels where many will be staying and probably even within walking distance. It is at 302 W. Riverside, just across the river from the Riverpoint campus. Cheers!

I am interviewing Saturday as well and up for dinner tomorrow night at The Onion. I am staying at the Fairfield right by the WSU campus, so the one on Riverside sounds great. Any time is good for me.

This sounds great to me as well, I'm staying at the "Red Lion at the Park" which is walking distance to the campus also; so this would be my option too if possible!

Archived