A bit concerned about my GPA!

So, I recently learned that CASPA does in fact take both grades if you retook a class which is very disheartening for me. The only bad grades I have were in Psych., Gen. Chem. I & II and Calc. I. I received a C, C, D- and C+ respectively. The C in Psych. was due to me being stupid my Freshman year in college and not trying and being in my stupid Senior mode from high school. The Gen. Chem. grades I don’t even want to talk about. My professor was straight from Russia, couldn’t teach to save his life, told us we were all stupid and that we Americans don’t know anything and when I asked for help he would say use your internet, it’s what most American’s use and that we should just know everything, yes, he said that, everything about Gen. Chem. for all his exams. The average grade in the class was a C for both semesters because he stated he doesn’t like to fail people because he doesn’t like when he sees the same face twice. Aside from that though, the C+ in Calc. was again me being stupid as I write this I’m realize I’m pretty messed up for not trying in some of my classes. Aside from those 4 classes I literally have all A’s except a B in Bio. I which I also didn’t try and a B+ in Communications which actually was tougher than I thought because speaking in front of a crowd is actually hard but I learned a lot from it.

So, this brings me to my concern that CASPA, even if I retook those 4 bad grades and got A’s in them, would still take those bad grades which would still bring my grade down. I factored my GPA and if I got just A – ‘s in those 4 retaken classes, my GPA would have been a 3.79 which is awesome, but I can only imagine when CASPA factors in the new grades AND the lower grades, it’d be much less. So what do you guys recommend? Summer classes to either retake/take classes? Extend graduation by a semester or two and either retake or take classes? Graduate on time and take some post-baccalaureate classes? Basically, if you were in my shoes, what would you do? I’m a first semester Junior right now. I’m just worried that if I wait too long, some of my grades won’t work because I’ll approach the time limit for some programs. I also don’t have any patient care experience just yet but I just got certified as an EMT – B and I’m starting to volunteer at a hospital and such and I’m also in 3 health-related clubs here in college which involves volunteering and such.

So pretty much guys, what would you do in my shoes?

Archived