I don't think I can wait until January to learn more about you guys! Future classmates, please post anything you are comfortable sharing about yourself. :)

Also, any advice from current or past students about financial aid? And how about day care recommendations close to OLOL (for a sweet, 11 month baby girl)?

Wow, three blocks is super close! Will def look into as an option!!! Just wanted to put out feelers in case someone had a great local day care experience and was open to sharing. We prob have preference for a Catholic/Christian school option or someone who cares for children in their home, but are open to all options!

As far as financial aid, ppl in past threads have posted about federal direct stafford and plus student loans. I guess these are the programs most students choose, eh? Also, I would love to learn about future loan repayment opportunities, such as http://www.dhh.louisiana.gov/offices/miscdocs/docs-88/LoanFactsheet.pdf if anyone has info about other programs!

Hey, I never posted on the other thread to let y'all know that I got in too! It doesn't feel real yet. I am going to set up a meeting with the financial aid office because none of it makes any sense to me. I qualified for Direct Plus and Stafford, but I got a full scholarship for undergrad, so I am clueless as to how this all works. The National Health Service Corps also has a loan repayment program. You can get more info from their website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/

I don't think I can wait until January to learn more about you guys! Future classmates, please post anything you are comfortable sharing about yourself. :)

Also, any advice from current or past students about financial aid? And how about day care recommendations close to OLOL (for a sweet, 11 month baby girl)?

I'm not sure about all the daycares but we LOVE Kids Count Inc. in Capitol Heights. Another good one I hear is Parkview Baptist, but they have insane waiting list. International School is another option. I think St. Aloysius is the only Catholic Daycare, but I haven't checked in two years. I have heard good things about Kinder Care and Country Day. Women's Hospital is another highly recommended one. These all depend on your budget and waiting lists:(

Kids Count doesn't really keep a waiting list. We got lucky. The owner says she really doesn't go by one. It's a short hop on the interstate from Essen to College......literally takes less than 10 min from school. For that age, it may be in the $750 range. again, I'm not sure. My daughter is in the pre-K which is cheaper. check it out http://www.kidscountinc.com

Financial Aid is interesting. There are the subsidized and unsubsidized federal loans. pretty much everyone gets roughly 8200 sub and then maybe 12K unsub. don't quote these figures. The subsidized did not collect interest while you are still in school while the unsub does? The grad PLUS loan comes in when you don't have enough to even pay tuition......The subsidized deal is changing in fall 2012 I think where it will start to collect interest while you're in school. The Financial Aid people can tell you what to do but there is the app on FASFA that you fill out every year as well as the Plus loan. There are Master Promisory Notes to sign for the federal and the Plus. they are good for 10yrs. OLOL college wants you to sign some fin aid paper once a year too. The school's financial aid peeps can tell you all this stuff for sure. It was very confusing at first.

Want a big fat tip from current student? Budget for books the first and second semesters, roughly $400 or less for each. If you like supplemental books, budget for more or the Amazon charges will start to make you sweat. I think you guys will be in uniforms like us. I think I spent $25 for a shirt that was monogrammed and got 4. I've since bought a couple more because they WILL shrink, even if you don't dry them.

A lot of us didn't know about uniforms so we went out and bought a s&*t ton of "professional clothes" that we can't wear until clinicals in April. There were three days of orientation for us and we could wear professional clothes until uniform shirts were ready. I low-balled my budget for books and uniforms. I also low-balled my budget for otoscope but wanted a nice one for home use. I ended up going back to the lovely ladies at Financial Aid and asked for more money.

Archived