GHSU Class of 2014!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bbrown, it was just a letter. I interviewed on 10/28/11 and had called Ms. Jeffcoat just before Thanksgiving to see if any decisions had been made on the applicants from my interview group. She said nothing had been decided yet and we'd hear something between Thanksgiving and Christmas. On Wednesday, I decided to check the Application Status page on the GHSU website and my status had changed from "Ready for Review" to "Decision has been made by Admissions Committee; notification by mail." My heart fell through the floor, since the admissions folks said that if you are accepted you get a phone call, waitlisted you get an email and rejections are by mail. I thought this was over. I called the PA Dept for clarification and I think I was speaking to Dr Dadig (based on what I remember of her voice). I asked if notification by mail meant that I was rejected and she said not necessarily, "not every one who got in got a phone call." Hmm.. "So I could be waitlisted, not necessarily rejected?" "Exactly". That was the end of that conversation. So I spent the next day or two in a crappy mood, since I'd decided that I had been rejected and I was just waiting for the letter to tell me so. My husband watched the mailbox like a hawk and told me nothing had come in yet. This past Friday, we went to my parents' house for dessert and in front of my mom, dad and grandparents, my husband whips out this large envelope with the GHSU logo on the front. Through the window of the envelope I could see the word "Congratulations!" and I nearly fainted.

I know it must be an exhausting, draining wait..it was for me and you've waited even longer. I hope that you get some good news soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived