PANCE--I think I failed it.

I've been practicing overseas as a civilian for the military for several years and let my certification here go. The NCCPA told me I had to take the PANCE instead of the PANRE.

I studied the last four months using tools suggested here and tons of questions (I mean tons of questions). I attended this last Emory review.

I took the PANCE this past week, and I think I failed it. There was absolutely no connection between the exam and the tools I used to study and what we studied at Emory. In fact, the Emory review prepared me to better practice medicine, but it did NOT prepare me to pass the exam I took.

I have seen lots of complaints here about the PANRE, but I have not seen any complaints about the PANCE. I wonder if others had similar experience like mine with the PANCE.

(Oh, yea, the PANCE is supposed to have six blocks of sixty questions. My exam had five blocks of sixty questions. Go figure. It said PANCE at the top.)

To quote you from the "Thoughts on the PANRE" thread.

[h=2]"Re: Thoughts on the PANRE[/h]

I stand amazed. More complaints, more complaints. All viable, I suppose. BUT, nobody is willing to take action.

Why don't we fire the folks at AAPA and cut our ties with NCCPA. It's not the president or congress we are facing.

I'm not a good leader, but I'd sure take a stand with somebody having guts and not just words. "

Here is your chance to step up and be a leader! And yes when they changed the exam in June (PANCE/PANRE) it went to 5 blocks of 60 questions.

""

I don't understand if you at some point passed the PANCE why you HAD to take it again? My understanding is that a PA has a choice, complete the required CMEs (150 Cat I, and 150 Cat II I think), take the PANRE or skip the CMEs and take the PANCE. Seems since June, it seems the questions are pulled from the same batch. I can understand if you skipped the CMEs and just took the PANCE instead.

I don't understand if you at some point passed the PANCE why you HAD to take it again? My understanding is that a PA has a choice, complete the required CMEs (150 Cat I, and 150 Cat II I think), take the PANRE or skip the CMEs and take the PANCE. Seems since June, it seems the questions are pulled from the same batch. I can understand if you skipped the CMEs and just took the PANCE instead.

I believe that policy changed with the 2008-2010 cycle with June 2011 being the final deadline to be able to do the extra CME and take PANRE. I am pretty ute if certification lapses the only option to regain the "C" is by passing PANCE.

We might be in the minority, but I had the similar problem. As a recent grad, I took the PANCE right after the change and found the exam to be ridiculous. I failed the exam and had to wait for three months to take it again. I just recently took it again and passed it, but I am still trying to figure out how I failed it the first time.

Archived