How to get around Billings? Cab or car rental?

Hi! I have an interview next Friday 10/7. I am flying in after work so I won't get to Billings until 11:30PM. I am going right from the airport to a hotel, right from the hotel to RMC, and from RMC back to the airport. I wish I could hang out and check out the area, but that's unfortunately not an option. Does anyone with knowledge of the area know if I should rent a car or use taxis? The cab company I talked to said it's ~$12 from BIL to Rocky Mountain so that would probably be cheaper, but are they reliable? Thank you for any help! I'll call Margia and ask her advice too, but I appreciate as many opinions as possible!

Guest askyoulc

I'm not from Billings, but I'm familiar with other areas of MT. Does Billings even have cabs? If they do and you decide to go that way, I would make sure to arrange for your cab from the airport before you get there because the airport might not have them waiting at the curb.

Just wanted to update that I went with cabs and it worked out fine. I used the Yellow Cab company. My hotel had an offer where you call the hotel when you land and they send a cab to collect you at the airport for free. From the hotel, it was a 5 minute cab to RMC and I had a time order for 45 minutes early just in case they didn't show or were late. After the interview, I called for another cab and was picked up and back to the airport within 15 minutes. Grand total $21 with giving the drivers over 20% tip. I ate the hotels continental breakfast and brought power bars and fruit. I would recommend going this route to anyone who won't have time to explore the area or is young and doesn't want to pay the rental car company's exorbitant fee for being under 25.

Archived