Can Physician assistants moonlight?

Can Physician Assistants moonlight after passing the certifying exam and officially being declared a PA-C? I am thinking about taking a trip to the various countries around the world and would wait until after I complete my PA-C degree if I was able to moonlight. If not I might just take the trip after my bachelors degree. I think it would be an awesome experience to moonlight though with all the different diverse cultures that are in our world.

Can Physician Assistants moonlight after passing the certifying exam and officially being declared a PA-C? I am thinking about taking a trip to the various countries around the world and would wait until after I complete my PA-C degree if I was able to moonlight. If not I might just take the trip after my bachelors degree. I think it would be an awesome experience to moonlight though with all the different diverse cultures that are in our world.

Do I understand correctly that you're actually asking about working temporary positions internationally? (This would not be moonlighting, which is why there is some confusion.) If so, that is not likely to be feasible since they may not even have PAs where you want to travel and even if they do there would be significant licensing challenges that wouldn't be worth it for a temporary gig.

Yeah, that is what I was asking. I figured it would not work since each nation has different guidelines, rules, and health care systems, but figured I would ask anyways. It has been my dream to travel and if I could work while doing that and get to diagnose and treat diverse cultures and diverse diseases it would have been great. Not to mention I would have been able to put it on my resume since almost all places I have checked out in my spare time in between classes require at least 1-2 years of work experience.

Yeah, that is what I was asking. I figured it would not work since each nation has different guidelines, rules, and health care systems, but figured I would ask anyways. It has been my dream to travel and if I could work while doing that and get to diagnose and treat diverse cultures and diverse diseases it would have been great. Not to mention I would have been able to put it on my resume since almost all places I have checked out in my spare time in between classes require at least 1-2 years of work experience.

You might want to check out the cia.gov website and their career opportunities. I know currently they are looking for physician assistants who must travel extensively worldwide. I don't know how much experience they want, etc., but it may be something you could look into in the future if nothing else. It looks like a great opportunity, especially if you are single.

Archived