Florida State License requirements?

what are the current regulations regarding florida state licensure? specifically, does florida require the passage of the recert exam every 6 years? in looking at the board of medicine website, it appears that they only require cme but it seems that there is some conflicting information.

thanks.

hi alleycat here. I am currently waiting ( and waiting and waiting) for my application of PA licensure in the great state of Florida. I only hope Global Warming and rising ocean levels do not obliterate this fair land before they issue my license. I began application proceedings about July 11th, 2011. tomorrow I will call again for status. I suggest you go to Florida Academy of PA and read their very very nice "so you are moving to florida" piece. only recommendation I make opposite what they state, is do not be so hesitant in calling the BOM and asking status. their piece of advice cost me accummulatively about 3-4 weeks. and the 6 year re-exam rule is nation wide for ALL PAs who want to keep the C. Florida does not have a seperate testing, but there is something about this at FAPA. if you're serious about practicing there, I suggest you join the organization now. makes them just a wee bit more receptive when (not "if") you call for help. Florida does have special CMEs over and above the 100hr-2yr required by NCCPA. also found at FAPA..do more research.:smile:

Archived