Seeking shadowing opportunities Ann Arbor, Michigan area and beyond!

Hi all,

I currently have a bachelor's degree with pre-requisite courses, but I'm lacking on the medical experience spectrum of my eventual application to PA school. I'm planning a move from dentistry to medicine in the near future.

I'd be very appreciative of an opportunity to shadow around Ann Arbor, Livingston County, or Grand Rapids area.

Thank you,

Rosy

Ha, I think we're twins. I'm from Ann Arbor, changed my career plans from dentistry to PA and am thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY for that decision! I'm currently on clinical rotations now, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else in the world. I hope you find the same for yourself.

I would contact UofM health system or St. Joes, even go into some family practice offices in your area and ask. You'll have to be proactive in your approach, but I assure you that most places are very open to shadowing opportunities. Are you interested in specialties, or family practice? I might still have some contacts, I'll see.

• 1 year later...

There are a lot of PAs that will allow shadows at UM, it just takes time to get it set up with their department. I made a couple contacts at UM and St. Joe's that I can share in a private message if you want. You cannot shadow in the emergency department at U of M though unless you're a med student. I know of a couple people in emergency medicine in Oakland county if you can drive that far. The UM Pre-PA Club is a fantastic resource if you're just learning about the field.

• 1 month later...

Archived