PANRE 2nd Time

I took the PANRE the first weekend after the change and failed. I felt mislead by only studying form the AAPA book and doing questions from the NCCPA and AAPA. Now my second time around I have listened to all the lectures form UMDNJ and studied from the Van Rhee book. I feel more prepared, I think, than before.

I am now 3 weeks away and decided that doing question after question will hopefully prepare me even more. I have taken one of the 3 practice tests with NCCPA and scored fairly well. I am now on exammasters and find I am not scoring as well. Does anybody feel that the ExamMaster questions are a little harder? I know it will be good to do them but some of these questions and answers haven't been in any of the lectures or in the book. Do some feel a more correlation with passing based on NCCPA, Exam Masters, PAeasy, Kaplan or Datachem scores?

I am one of those that is now dreaming about losing my job, family etc......!

Hi!! I have been doing the exam master questions and it is definitely harder than the actual questions on the PANCE/PANRE but I feel like reading through the explanation of the question prepares you well. I know of so many people that scores 60% on the exam masters and passed the boards with a very big margin. So I think you should keep doing them :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i just took the PANRE last week. this was my 4th time recertifying in my 25 yr career. not to scare you, but i failed. not even close to passing. i did the online kaplan course (which i would NOT recommend), and used the O'Connell/Zarbock book with their online pre and post test.

i felt pretty well prepared, but obviously not prepared enough.

the format of the new exam is a joke. i couldn't tell if it follows the "blueprint" or not. it certainly didn't seem like it did, but since NCCPA won't give out any infomation, it's very difficult to tell.

my next step is to purchase either the UNJMD or Emory review course and study again.

good luck...i hope you don't end up in the same situation i'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by the change? Do you mean since it changed to less blocks? Did they change the content with the change in length? I took it and thought I studied pretty hard and didn't pass, so good to know if there was a change. Wonder what better resources I can use the 2nd time? Thanks!

Archived