Shadowing duties on application

How should one write about their shadowing experience?? I have over 1,000 hours of shadowing a physician in a specialty practice. It's rather impossible to list everything I've learned. Do I list the disease states I'm proficient in as a result of my shadowing??? Of course I will mention the patient interaction, interaction with referring physicians etc. and business practices I've learned. Should it be in a list format or a paragraph format???

On my app I think I wrote a brief paragraph with examples; not EVERYTHING. I think (and this is just my $.02) that they want an idea for the kind of environment you were in and how involved you were. I talked about the things that were most influential to me, and I will be prepared if they ask me more in-depth questions should I get an interview.

Don't take my word for it, but I figured that in the "Duties" box we were just supposed to write what we did in general, such as "observed cardiac surgeries" and so on and use the personal statement to bring out what you gained. That's what I did last year and it got me an interview..... Hope it works this year

Don't take my word for it, but I figured that in the "Duties" box we were just supposed to write what we did in general, such as "observed cardiac surgeries" and so on and use the personal statement to bring out what you gained. That's what I did last year and it got me an interview..... Hope it works this year

I second this statement. What you learned should go in your PS.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived