Hofstra Applicants for 2014 class

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just was offered an interview for the Mar 9th date. I have already been accepted to another program and I am wondering if it is worth it for me to fly cross country for this interview. . . beside reading over the website I don't know much about Hofstra's reputation, cost of living in the area, etc. Is anyone familiar with the program and have any advice or info. I am mostly concerned about their PANCE pass rates. . .

In the same boat as you regarding acceptance into another program. I'm gonna go to it anyway since I live ten minutes away but if you feel comfortable with the program you were accepted into already i'd stick it out. From what I've heard the pass rates are good but its still a fairly new program. They did just open a medical school so this may give the program some access to some cool new things that wasn't available in the past. The area itself if eh, sorta the ghetto.

• 4 weeks later...
Best of luck to you. I'll be waiting anxiously for my letter in the mail. Out of our hands now so just relax and take in the great weather!

How was your interview? there was a guy and a woman who interviewed me, woman was kind of tough, was criticizing that i just too pre reqs, no extra science courses. I was an art student so i started from scratch, it took me 2 yrs to complete the pre reqs even as a full time student.....anyways lets see.

Best of luck to you. I'll be waiting anxiously for my letter in the mail. Out of our hands now so just relax and take in the great weather!

How was your interview? there was a guy and a woman who interviewed me, woman was kind of tough, was criticizing that i just too pre reqs, no extra science courses. I was an art student so i started from scratch, it took me 2 yrs to complete the pre reqs even as a full time student.....anyways lets see.

Well i'm sure u did just fine. MSG me your email and we can keep in contact. Maybe we'll be classmates this fall hopefully.

Well i'm sure u did just fine. MSG me your email and we can keep in contact. Maybe we'll be classmates this fall hopefully.

Archived