Need a doctor by your side?. . .

A CRNA buddy told me about this site. Thought it was interesting; prob some "anti-PA/NP" sites like this out there as well. Under the "Get the facts" tab, asserts that CRNA training can be done online. Maybe referring some some core classes online? I'm not much of an IT guy, but it's not possible to administer anesthesia via the Web, correct? :=D:

And not deriding anyone who has had problems with anesthesia, but my 12 year old daughter could have made up better "personal stories." "Meet Valerie"; "Meet Anne" LOL

Every profession will promote itself. The gray area they ge into is similar to what we see by practices which state "each patient will be seen by a physician, not a ______ (PA/NP/etc)". It is CLEARLY meant to demote the credentials and established efficacy of these providers.

What they claim is factually true re: yrs of education, but the underlying implication is clear as day- you are at greater risk by seeing one of these non physicians. Which I have NEVER seen any supportive evidence for.

Archived