Which Schools I should choose in Pennsylvania

Guest rebecca2009

I am a first year Arcadia PA student at the glenside campus. When it comes down to it for a job, the only thing that matters is the C after PA. They dont care about your grades in PA school or what school you graduated from (generally speaking). Honestly, its mostly about the connections you make and the strength of recommendations you have. Picking a PA school then simply comes down to where YOU are going to get the most out of the experience and become the best PA you can possibly be. It obviously helps if the school has a low attrition rate so you have some notion of security in school. And high first time pass rate on the PANCE would also be ideal. But make sure you really look at the program and see if it fits. Do you want to do elective rotations? Some schools do not offer any or may only offer one, and your rotations are usually where you get your job offers. Do they have a gross anatomy lab? Whats the cost of living? Whats the cost of the program? What is the support system the school offers? What happens if you are doing poorly and having difficulty, will the faculty try and help you? Arcadia was a perfect fit for ME, but I know all the programs in the Philly area are wonderful as well. Ive never heard a bad thing about any of the programs. They are all just different, and you need to do the research yourself. If anyone has any questions about arcadia, or is having difficulty picking between programs, message me! Ill try and help you figure out whats best for YOU! Best of luck to everyone coming out into the wonderful PA profession!!!

Archived