When?

Hey all,

I've finalized my 2012 CASPA and i'm submitting it this weekend. I'll have a few supplemental apps to do next month and I'm full aware the interviews don't start rolling in for a whil.

Question:

When do I start applying for school/federal/private loan assistance?

I will have to borrow entirely. I will be enterting PA school with zero personal debt, but also zero money. I live paycheck to paycheck as a cardiac monitor technician. I'm independent but my parents are making the monthly payments on our undergraduate loans.

Will I be able to accumulate enough money through loans to scrape my way through PA school?

Where do I start?

When do I start?

Thanks

Don Mccorkel

Hey all,

I've finalized my 2012 CASPA and i'm submitting it this weekend. I'll have a few supplemental apps to do next month and I'm full aware the interviews don't start rolling in for a whil.

Question:

When do I start applying for school/federal/private loan assistance?

I will have to borrow entirely. I will be enterting PA school with zero personal debt, but also zero money. I live paycheck to paycheck as a cardiac monitor technician. I'm independent but my parents are making the monthly payments on our undergraduate loans.

Will I be able to accumulate enough money through loans to scrape my way through PA school?

Where do I start?

When do I start?

Thanks

Don Mccorkel

It's good that you're thinking about this generally, but you should probably worry about one thing at a time, IMO.

You'll fill out the appropriate FAFSA once you get your tax returns next year. The school you (hopefully) choose will have financial aid documents for you to complete, and a budget for your program that will list out how much they recommend borrowing with the costs of tuition, fees, books, equipment, etc for each year or quarter/semester. Make a budget for yourself so you know how much you NEED because the school will likely let you have more.

I'm not an expert in this, so that's as much as I'm comfortable explaining. There will be financial aid advisors at your school that will help you with this once you're accepted.

It's good that you're thinking about this generally, but you should probably worry about one thing at a time, IMO.

You'll fill out the appropriate FAFSA once you get your tax returns next year. The school you (hopefully) choose will have financial aid documents for you to complete, and a budget for your program that will list out how much they recommend borrowing with the costs of tuition, fees, books, equipment, etc for each year or quarter/semester. Make a budget for yourself so you know how much you NEED because the school will likely let you have more.

I'm not an expert in this, so that's as much as I'm comfortable explaining. There will be financial aid advisors at your school that will help you with this once you're accepted.

Archived