I hope I'm heading in the right direction! Please critique!

Guest chealy

Guest chealy

“The Empress is a powerful card. It means you will be successful, Baby.” My mother, the tarot card reader, brought me to work with her when I was a child. Sometimes when work was slow, she would read to me. “The geodes you like to play with- one day you will be a scientist, and you will study them. You will know everything there is to know about amethyst and crystal.”

Crystal is my name, and it could have been my fortune to be an artist, a painter, or a card reader. But even as a child, my mind was inexorably methodical. I was drawn to the logic behind the theories of gravity and evolution; the meanings behind the Major Arcana cards always varied. From childhood on, I strove to achieve a career that was solid rather than transient, and perhaps fulfill my mom’s prophecy of becoming a scientist. I poured my heart into science throughout school and as a college undergraduate. As a freshman at xxx. I was awarded a Presidential Fellows academic scholarship which paid almost my full tuition. I majored in biology and dedicated time both to studying and to working to support myself. I was able to conduct independent research in the field of biology and receive an Undergraduate Research Award and stipend.

At the same time, my mom’s artistic influence was ingrained in me. I spent my free hours drawing and practicing yoga¬. My yoga practice familiarized me with the healing benefits of muscle tone and joint alignment. I was thrilled to witness other yoga practitioners experience vast improvements in health by using awareness and strength training exercise to alleviate pains and misalignments. My mom’s prediction that I would become a scientist was true, but in need of adjustment. I became inspired to channelmy aptitude for science and biology towards becoming a health care practitioner who used a hands-on, patient-centered approach to medicine. Based on my knowledge of the PA profession and personal experiences with PA’s, I decidedthat the PA career pathwas a perfect fit for me.

I dedicated myself being to becoming a PA. I took prerequisites on top of my biology courses, and afterearning my Bachelor’s degree Icompleted a year long program to become a Registered Medical Assistant. I entered the medical field as a medical assistant at xxx, a large gynecology practice in xxx. I worked hands-on with doctors and patients assisting with routine procedures like pap smears and breast exams as well as more complex in-office procedures such as colposcopies and cervical biopsies. I felt fulfilled and utilized in this role. With each procedure, I was a doctor’s sole support in the exam room, as well as a patient’s sole comfort. It was necessary to think methodically and scientifically to prepare surgical set ups and anticipate the doctor’s needs throughout procedures, while simultaneously being attentive to the patient. Performing both of these roles simultaneously was essential to providing good health care.

As a PA, I will tap into these dual strengths: my scientific mind and my personable nature to connect with my patients and provide excellent care. I believe that physician assistants providing hands-on, patient-centered care is essential to the functioning of our health care system, and I want to be a part of that. I truly hope to be admitted to PA school and make the fortune read to me by my mother so many years ago come true.

Guest chealy

“The Empress is a powerful card. It means you will be successful, Baby.” My mother, the tarot card reader, brought me to work with her when I was a child. Sometimes when work was slow, she would read to me. “The geodes you like to play with- one day you will be a scientist, and you will study them. You will know everything there is to know about amethyst and crystal.”

Crystal is my name, and it could have been my fortune to be an artist, a painter, or a card reader. But even as a child, my mind was inexorably methodical. I was drawn to the logic behind the theories of gravity and evolution; the meanings behind the Major Arcana cards always varied. From childhood on, I strove to achieve a career that was solid rather than transient, and perhaps fulfill my mom’s prophecy of becoming a scientist. I poured my heart into science throughout school and as a college undergraduate. As a freshman at xxx. I was awarded a Presidential Fellows academic scholarship which paid almost my full tuition. I majored in biology and dedicated time both to studying and to working to support myself. I was able to conduct independent research in the field of biology and receive an Undergraduate Research Award and stipend.

At the same time, my mom’s artistic influence was ingrained in me. I spent my free hours drawing and practicing yoga¬. My yoga practice familiarized me with the healing benefits of muscle tone and joint alignment. I was thrilled to witness other yoga practitioners experience vast improvements in health by using awareness and strength training exercise to alleviate pains and misalignments. My mom’s prediction that I would become a scientist was true, but in need of adjustment. I became inspired to channelmy aptitude for science and biology towards becoming a health care practitioner who used a hands-on, patient-centered approach to medicine. Based on my knowledge of the PA profession and personal experiences with PA’s, I decidedthat the PA career pathwas a perfect fit for me.

I dedicated myself being to becoming a PA. I took prerequisites on top of my biology courses, and afterearning my Bachelor’s degree Icompleted a year long program to become a Registered Medical Assistant. I entered the medical field as a medical assistant at xxx, a large gynecology practice in xxx. I worked hands-on with doctors and patients assisting with routine procedures like pap smears and breast exams as well as more complex in-office procedures such as colposcopies and cervical biopsies. I felt fulfilled and utilized in this role. With each procedure, I was a doctor’s sole support in the exam room, as well as a patient’s sole comfort. It was necessary to think methodically and scientifically to prepare surgical set ups and anticipate the doctor’s needs throughout procedures, while simultaneously being attentive to the patient. Performing both of these roles simultaneously was essential to providing good health care.

As a PA, I will tap into these dual strengths: my scientific mind and my personable nature to connect with my patients and provide excellent care. I believe that physician assistants providing hands-on, patient-centered care is essential to the functioning of our health care system, and I want to be a part of that. I truly hope to be admitted to PA school and make the fortune read to me by my mother so many years ago come true.

Guest chealy

I had a few friends who know me read this, and they think it may sound too edgy for a conservative admissions committee. I don't mean to misrepresent myself by sounding too "granola," but I wanted to write an essay that stands out in the literary sense while still providing information. What do you guys think?

Guest chealy

I had a few friends who know me read this, and they think it may sound too edgy for a conservative admissions committee. I don't mean to misrepresent myself by sounding too "granola," but I wanted to write an essay that stands out in the literary sense while still providing information. What do you guys think?

Archived