Students who got into the program

Hey! I’ve really been on edge lately with thinking about applying in April. I have worked as a Medical Assistant for 6 years now. I have all of my letters of recommendations from PA's and Doctors who are held to very high regards. My grades are around a 3.6-3.7 and I have been inducted into a few honor societies that will be on my academic transcript. What I am wondering is that people who have gotten into the program feel that this is about average for all students that apply or that this is about above? I really want to stand out but feel that my grades my not be as perfect as everyone else’s to get recognized. My other down fall is that I didn’t take Biochemistry. I will have my bachelor’s degree as of December and I have all of the other required classes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Your grades and qualifications are more than enough so don't hesitate and apply!!! Of course do your research on programs you think are right for you. And don't be discouraged about not having biochemistry. A lot of schools I applied to allow you to fulfill any missing coursework before matriculation e.g class normally starts in fall so you can take biochemistry during spring and you good to go. Again, your stats are great so don't stress over them. Do your research and most importantly, don't rush. If it makes you feel better I applied with a 3.75 overall and 3.65 science with 1.5 year as cna and close to nothing when it comes to community involvement and I got accepted to two schools. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Good luck :)

Archived