Class of 2014 - Check in here

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They accept 38 so 3.8 students "COULD" be from out of state. I would venture to guess that there are not 5 serious out of state applicants that even apply (because the reputation of LSUHSC has always been that they lean towards in-state applicants) . Even with that said I can tell you that grades are the "top of the mountain" for the admissions committee here from my experience. If you are a student with out of this world grades... regardless of hands on experience if LSU is where you want to study you have a great shot.

I applied last year and made it to interview and standby bid status. I will tell you that they flat out asked us on a form we filled out and turned in if LSUHSC was the only school we applied to (and maybe how many other schools we applied to) so I get the feeling they like their applicants to have LSU ranked in their top schools. This will be the first year LSUHSC uses CASPA so it will be interesting to see how that changes their adcom's views if at all.

JD

They accept 38 so 3.8 students "COULD" be from out of state. I would venture to guess that there are not 5 serious out of state applicants that even apply (because the reputation of LSUHSC has always been that they lean towards in-state applicants) . Even with that said I can tell you that grades are the "top of the mountain" for the admissions committee here from my experience. If you are a student with out of this world grades... regardless of hands on experience if LSU is where you want to study you have a great shot.

I applied last year and made it to interview and standby bid status. I will tell you that they flat out asked us on a form we filled out and turned in if LSUHSC was the only school we applied to (and maybe how many other schools we applied to) so I get the feeling they like their applicants to have LSU ranked in their top schools. This will be the first year LSUHSC uses CASPA so it will be interesting to see how that changes their adcom's views if at all.

JD

• 2 months later...
I am seriously looking at LSU but I noticed that only 10% of accepted students are from out of state. That is not very good odds. Does anyone have any advice for an out-of-stater?

Im from Wisconsin... I got in. I thought for sure I would have no shot... however.. it seems like it is you against the other out of state candidates. There usually arent that many. Just make sure that your application is filled out the to fullest, everything is done with pre reqs and know that most get interviews... that is your time to shine!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet? I heard it would be close to December 1 when they sent them out.

@Delta - Some of the folks that submitted CASPA way early (i.e. I think Jazzy submitted his back in September) have received interview invites. His is scheduled in early January. Noone else on this thread has mentioned scheduled interviews, however I know they are already filling their dates. Just be patient. I havn't been scheduled either :)

JD

Archived