Class of 2014 - Check in here

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend that has applied the LSUHSC the past 2 years and is applying again this year. He received an email yesterday from the program chair that said they were still going through applications and assigning interviews. So those of you still waiting, don't worry - they are still reviewing apps.

(My speculation) This program went from ~250 applicants last year to over 1000 this year (first year to use CASPA) so they are adjusting to the massive amount to app data.

One of the current didactic year students posted earlier in this thread that he thought they might be interviewing into March... I cannot confirm that, but I'd just say - don't give up hope.

JD

I have a friend that has applied the LSUHSC the past 2 years and is applying again this year. He received an email yesterday from the program chair that said they were still going through applications and assigning interviews. So those of you still waiting, don't worry - they are still reviewing apps.

(My speculation) This program went from ~250 applicants last year to over 1000 this year (first year to use CASPA) so they are adjusting to the massive amount to app data.

One of the current didactic year students posted earlier in this thread that he thought they might be interviewing into March... I cannot confirm that, but I'd just say - don't give up hope.

JD

We have interviews set until 2/27 so maybe there can be overflow to first week of march. They decided to interview 100 this year.

jazzyjoker- Congrats on the acceptance, and interview at LSU. How'd it go? I recently got an invite for Feb 6th, and would appreciate some advice as I, too am an out-of-state applicant, and shooting for one of those 3 positions in the class!

Advice. Be yourself. Be prepared with questions to show genuine interest. If you arent asking them questions, it shows you are uninterested. Be social to the PA students and just speak from the heart during interview and honest. Also, practice some practice questions from any PA website interview page... they often ask questions like.... if you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be... or if you come back from break and you smell alcohol on your physicians breathe - what do you do? Stuff like that never hurts to sortve prep for. Good luck.

Yes, I got it today as well and I interview tomorrow. this looks exactly like the application we filled out last year before they used CASPA... Not sure why it's required, I just completed it and every bit of it is on my CASPA app. My guess (after years of healthcare management experience) is that most folks in healthcare are slow to adapt to change :)

What is everyone doing as their second narrative: Using the same as CASPA or writing an entire new one? I had questions about resume (where they said do not include academic information) so I called and they told me to just send a normal resume academics and all, and not to worry about it. Anyone else have any ideas about this?

@kdladycmn re:selections - they clarified this for us when we interviewd yesterday. Selection can happen as soon as the day following your interview. If you are not selected right away you are entered into a general applicant pool and could be chosen any day until Feb 20th. The final interviews are being held on on 2/6. GL to you all.

What is everyone doing as their second narrative/resume

I'm just sending the same Narrative I used in CASPA and my normal CV/Resume. They are not going to learn any more about me from a second narrative that they didn't learn from the first one, or my interview. I also asked on my survey following my interview yesterday why they have asked for the supplemental application since ALL of the data is already located in CASPA.

I know they are using CASPA though, because they type into it as they interview you which is as bit odd/distracting. Similar to a point of care EMR documentation... but I'm accustomed to it in the clinical setting, not in an interview setting however.

• 2 weeks later...

I was onsite turning in my acceptance paperwork and supplemental application and I saw at least 10 interviewers walking the halls in groups. So it looks like the 1/23 group was full. They will have one more day of interview sessions on 2/6 and then they will be sending invitations up until 2/20.

Archived