Include major change in PS?

Hi,

I've been mostly an observer on the forum, but am having some trouble with my PS and could use some help. I started my undergrad in engineering with a biomedical focus, but after an internship I realized engineering wasn't quite right for me and the program wasn't as focused on biomed as I had hoped. I really wanted a career with more of a medical focus. I ended up switching to biomedical sciences, which is what my degree is in, where I had a PA as a prof. She really opened my eyes to the profession which has led me here. I've read a lot of other posts suggesting applicants stay away from negatives- i.e. major changes since the original wasn't a good fit. Do I not mention the major change? Or is there a way I could and spin it in more of a positive light? They're going to be able to tell from my transcripts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i dunno...it makes perfect sense to me...fix medical machines, or fix medical problems in people...seems to make a logical jump.

Evolve or perish, Darwin was right. As you go through life and making new discoveries about new opportunities, it makes perfect sense to let yourself grow with the new discoveries...as long as it's a forward progression, and not a regression. (which is a gross generalization and there will be all sorts of examples to why that is a bad statement ie: "I gave up med school to play rock and roll full time, now I am filthy rich and super happy....yadda yadda yadda".) but you get the idea.

Archived