Bachelors vs. Master

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure this is even a question anymore. Most of the programs out there are Masters and the shift is towards more ed. not less. Plus... the learning content really is Masters level, IMO, so why not get what you've earned? The only con I can think of is that you're potentially spending more money on a Masters degree, but I think that's such a weak argument anyway that I feel weird even typing it.

I'm not sure this is even a question anymore. Most of the programs out there are Masters and the shift is towards more ed. not less. Plus... the learning content really is Masters level, IMO, so why not get what you've earned? The only con I can think of is that you're potentially spending more money on a Masters degree, but I think that's such a weak argument anyway that I feel weird even typing it.

• 11 months later...

What is your background? Lots of HCE to draw upon or starting from scratch? I am in a bachelor program, which will get me working as a PA 2 years faster and can do my masters on line while drawing a paycheck and getting tuition reimbursement from my employer. I have a pretty deep background in medicine that I find helpful not only in school but it also helps build a nice resume.

The cost of a masters program is really high, so I am planing to finish my bachelors first, get a basic PA job and then work on my masters by going to night school. Hopefully this will allow me to eventually get a master without a huge student loan debt.

I think you can get a good PA job with a bachelors, but a master will help you climb the ladder faster.

Archived