Class of 2013 Applicants

Class of 2014 rather... it won't let me edit the title or delete the post

Anyone happen to be browsing this forum that is a class of 2014 applicant (that will begin the program summer 2012)? I applied last year but was not able to complete my prerequisites in time, looking forward to this year!

I heard rumor that the new orleans program will be starting up this year and that our lady of the lake in Baton Rouge has gotten their accreditation back so hopefully all the applicants from down south LA will be able to apply at those schools and not relocate here to Shreveport.

JD

That rumor about LSUHS-NO has been floating around now for the better part of ten years. There has been some legislative progress but they have yet to hire a PD. OLOL College received their accred. last year and their application period for class of 2014 has begun and ends sept. 1st.

OLOL is way too expensive compared to LSUHSC. I'd move to Shreveport before paying that much

The gap between the 2 schools may be closer than you think. LSU cost per full time semester for a state resident is 10,823. That is 75,761 after seven semesters only on tuition and fees. OLOL projected cost right now is roughly 81,000. The cost used to be quite different when LSU-S PA program was still a Bach's degree, however they have since changed to a masters program.

i do live in Shreveport/Bossier and have friends in the program. I can concur that the tuition cost that jazzyjoker posted are correct. The books for the summer term are ~600$ also. So have either of you applied at LSUS before and do you plan to apply this year?

JD

I will be applying this year. I've narrowed it down to LSU or South Bama for this cycle. Any idea where clinical sites for the program are (as in, are they around S'port or around the state)? The instate rotations are the most appealing to me as I have a wife and child. My in-laws live on Toledo Bend, so they aren't too far away (as compared to Mobile).

as far as early admissions I think last year they granted early acceptance to about 10 candidates due to outstanding GPA/test scores/commendations. Which left about 26 spots for other candidates to vie for. The only difference is that the early acceptance folks did not have to attend interviews and were alerted of their acceptance in early December as opposed to mid January.

• 2 months later...

Hi jaaldana--

I am also from Texas and applied to the program this year. By the looks of it, the odds are certainly not great but then again they typically receive far fewer applications (177 last year) than many schools so I figure it's a bit of a trade-off. This is what I found on their website:

"DO YOU ACCEPT OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS? Preference is given to Louisiana residents; however, we are authorized to accept up to 10% of our class as out of state residents."

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
as far as early admissions I think last year they granted early acceptance to about 10 candidates due to outstanding GPA/test scores/commendations. Which left about 26 spots for other candidates to vie for. The only difference is that the early acceptance folks did not have to attend interviews and were alerted of their acceptance in early December as opposed to mid January.

Do they do grant early acceptance after they have received all of the applications after the deadline? or is it first come first serve?

• 1 year later...

Archived