Hi All- I sent in my application at the end of February to Sophie Davis, the deadline is today. Anybody else on here apply to this school? What have you heard? Sophie Davis has a great program and is relatively inexpensive, so there must be a lot of applicants out there....

Before you ask, I applied with the following stats:

3.2 Undergrad, BA in Anthropology (no science classes taken)

3.9 Postbac, All science & math pre-reqs

120 Hours ER Volunteer

100 Hours PA Shadow, Vascular Surgery Dept.

Well, there is a whole lot more to me than the above, but this is quantifiable ;)

Guest kosy35

I applied. I attended 2 of those PA pipeline meetings too. I graduated in 08 with a B.S. in Neuroscience with a 3.215 GPA. I took Anatomy and Physiology and Nutrition at NYU afterward and got both As in those classes, but I don't think they count towards my science GPA since they're listed as nursing courses the way I took them. So without those, my calculated science GPA is a 3.0 or 3.1. I've shadowed two doctors and a PA the last couple of months and have recommendations from both the doctors and the head of the neuroscience department from undergrad. I wish I had time to have gotten a recommendation from a PA too. But I have my fingers crossed... Does anyone know about when they get back to you about if you get an interview to come back or not? And in total about when you'll hear if you're accepted or not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest PACarmed

I interviewed about two weeks ago and received an acceptance letter this past weekend to City College however, I was also accepted to York’s CUNY PA program. I live about 3 miles from York and about two hour from City College. I am wondering if it matters which school I attend. From my knowledge City College has the most experience in training physician assistants. York College recently received it accreditation. I know I’ am fortunate to have these options, which is why I want to pick the best school. If anybody has any insight on the main differences between these schools please reply.

Good luck to all.

Hi their PACarmed- I am not a student at either program, so I don't have any more insight than you, but I'll throw my two cents in anyway and hopefully it will help. If I was in your situation I would base my decision on quality of life factors.

Which school gives you the simplest path to success? As you said, City is tried and true, and York is a relative newbie. If they were both within walking distance of your home the choice would be clear. So, if you were to move on campus or in the area of City that would be perfect. From what I have gathered PA school is mostly what you make of it. Uprooting yourself is an added stress, as is the cost and lifestyle of on-campus housing. Regardless of which you choose you will be PA in just a few years, so if I was you I would go for the one that would make that journey more comfortable.

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...
Guest victorsam7

Hi pacarmed, I was wondering what was you overall gpa and your science gpa.. My Gpa 2.88 and my science gpa 2.8........ Tell me do I have any chance at all.........vic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all,

I recently applied to the Sophie b. Davis PA program. I currently have a low overall gpa (2.7) and a 3.1 science gpa. I have worked with patients for about 9 years and currently hold my AA in nutrition. I have met all of the pre requisites for the PA program. I have recommendation letters from a PA, MD and a professor. Although I have my gpa this low, do I have a chance of being accepted? Thanks in advance

Archived