Military Loan Repayment for Grad PLUS?

Does anyone who has graduated PA school and gone on to join the military and received loan repayment know if Grad PLUS loans also qualify for repayment? I know that the Army and Navy offer the $40,000 loan repayment renewable for 3 years but I was unsure if these funds could only be applied to Stafford loans or also be used to pay Grad PLUS. Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

The best way to get this answer, and you'll get it rather quick, is to contact a recruiter*. The asterisk is that contact a local recruiting station and specifically ask for their medical officer recruiter's number. The guy's at the mall, etc. are for enlisted and the occasional officer candidate, but for those that are going to enter as officers (nurses, PAs, doctors, etc.), there's a different side of recruiting command that will address all of your issues and they have most of the answers to all questions.

Note: My point of reference is the Army that recently had a $125k student loan repayment for PAs to go either to the Reserves or Active Duty.

Rich

The best way to get this answer, and you'll get it rather quick, is to contact a recruiter*. The asterisk is that contact a local recruiting station and specifically ask for their medical officer recruiter's number. The guy's at the mall, etc. are for enlisted and the occasional officer candidate, but for those that are going to enter as officers (nurses, PAs, doctors, etc.), there's a different side of recruiting command that will address all of your issues and they have most of the answers to all questions.

Note: My point of reference is the Army that recently had a $125k student loan repayment for PAs to go either to the Reserves or Active Duty.

Rich

• 2 months later...

Archived