Prospective applicant

Hi, Im looking to apply for the PA program at TOURO but i dont know if it would be fruitful. I was just wondering if anyone accepted in the program or knows the general trend of the school could evaluate my profile and let me know what they think or just give me some suggestion of what i should do to be a better candidate.

I am recent college grad from UC IRVINE with a bio degree from the Oakland. My grades are somewhat on the low end (2.7), i have volunteered in a clinic in mexico for 2+years, i worked as an emt with over 1500+ hours, and have traveled abroad to Nepal to volunteer as an emt as well.

• 1 year later...

Basically echo'ing what previous people have said. PA schools, particularly in California, are extremely competitive. 2.7 GPA is below the average and perhaps you should consider maybe re-taking some coursework to try to bring this up. However, I will say that Touro seems good at looking at the applicant as a whole (not just GPA alone). Don't give up and it may still be worth applying even with your current stats. Going through the application process is always fruitful in my opinion if you put in the effort to make it so. You get an idea of where you are at and might find places where you can improve your application for the next cycle.

Archived