Addressing Bad Grades in PS

I'm starting to work in my PS (I'm not applying this cycle). I'm looking for some advice as to what extent do I need to address previous bad grades. My case: the first time I took gen chem 1, I got a D+ and when I first took anatomy, I got a C. I retook gen chem and got an A- both semesters and retook A+P 1 and 2 and got an B+ and an A. Should I still touch on why I got the original bad grades in my PS, or do I not need to address it seeing as I retook the courses and got better grades? Any advice would be very appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

personally, i mentioned bad grades or "deficiencies" in my supplementary apps. I know other people prefer putting it in their PS, but for me, it just really threw off the theme of my essay that i wanted to convey. 

There's no right or wrong answer. Regardless of what you choose to do, briefly explain the situation (i.e. difficulty adapting to the college curriculum) and what changed since then. 

If I were you and had only 2 bad grades, i don't think it's worth mentioning in the PS. 

Hope this helps.

Archived