From where can I do the pre requisites for PA admission in CA

Hey all,

I have been meaning to apply for the PA programme since sometime. Only obstacle is that I will have to do the prerequesites listed below

A course in Anatomy Physiology chemistry Microbiology with lab

Possibly also a course in algebra or statistics even though I have already taken these courses in high school and also during my medical degree. I a, a foreign med grad.

I want to apply for a programme in California preferably. Please guide me from which College, Uni etc can I take the prerequisites. I live in the east Bay, so any place around east Bay or even around Sacramento Area.

I'm not positive about the process for transferring foreign university education to US schools. However, as community colleges tend to be less expensive, I would take ALL the prerequisite courses you can there. You're talking about a years worth of courses, which isn't terrible.

Many PA programs have open houses and information sessions. Try going to one nearby to get a feel for what they want. The American medical structure is not always that welcoming to foreign physicians, so try and be patient and good luck.

Thank you SoCalPA for the advise, but that is just too much tuition for me and I am not sure if it is an accredited college. Also if it is a programme offered but the Uni of California then Anatomy with Lab etc does require to be in a class not just online. I love in Cali and hence traveling just for class cannot be an option for me.

Cop to PA, can you specifically name a few state colleges in North Cali. That would be helpful. Also I feel that foreign medics graduates are doing wonderful in the US system. Any big university or hospital system you take , about more than 60% are foreign med graduates who are working as hospital lists, consultants etc. And they all compete thru the very tough system, so I am hopeful in that regard.

Then you'll need to do a lil wn.a.ork to find places where you can take the pre-reqs. Try googling "CA Community Colleges". You may need to attend more than one if you want to get through the classes quickly. Lots of competition for classes at the CC level.

Archived