Looking to shadow a PA through my University's externship program in South Florida

I am a Pre-PA student at Florida Atlantic University. This semester, I am completing all my pre-requisite courses to apply to PA school. I am also completing a Basic Clinical Skills course in which I have been certified in CPR, and trained on several facets such as EKGS, HIPAA, Patient histories, and healthcare professionalism.

The shadowing would be arranged through the University for approximately 3 hours per week for the whole summer term (May 19 to early August). Since this is facilitated by FAU, we have standards to abide by to ensure student responsibility.

I have also previously worked for a physician in research and clinical trials, so I have experience in a healthcare setting which would lend to the shadowing experience. I am currently the President of a pre-health organization on FAU's Boca Raton campus as well.

I am very flexible with scheduling, so any time would work for me and I would be more than glad to come more than 3 hours a week. I will be provided professional attire through FAU to wear as well.

If any PAs from West Palm, Broward, or Dade counties are interested, please email me at skhan29@fau.edu . I am really looking forward to hearing from someone who could help me!

Thank you all,

Sabrina Khan

Archived