question about getting in..

Hi,

So I matriculated in a Caribbean medical school in 2009, but failed my first semester due to health reasons(had a stroke--but am fine now). After coming back, I have taken the last year and a half to re-analyze my life and realized that PA school is the perfect fit for me. My question is... is there any chance of me getting into PA school after failing out of med school? My gpa isn't good (3.1) and I am planning on taking the GRE end of May(currently scoring around a 1150) I have about 700 health care experience hours including EMT work/ CNA work, PCA work, and a medical-mission trip to India. I know it's hard to say, but any opinions would be great. Anyone else in my position? Thanks in advance!

Have you shadowed any PAs? This will be important, especially in answering the "why PA now?" question. Also, continue your EMT/CNA work. I would shoot for a goal of at least 2000 hours. Are there any pre-reqs you need to take that you didn't have to take for med school? (I know at my undergrad institution pre-med students took a vertebrate anatomy course that didn't count for the A&P I needed for PA school) This could be an opportunity to boost GPA, or at least show an upward trend.

Archived