Insulin pump during rotations

Yeah, it has a belt thingy. To tell you the truth, it's a pain in the ***. This big dongle is hanging off of me all the @#$@ time. It snags on things, it attracts my 1 year old son who gleefully grabs it. I could snake the tubing, but really? I was thinking of getting a scrub top that has the chest pocket on the inside, and putting it in there.

It's kind of funny you responded to this post! After today, I'm pretty much decided on dropping out. Thanks anyways, though.

Use a cell phone holder. Everyone wears a cell phone so why not wear something you need. When you are scrubbed in it shouldn't be a problem either. If your scrub top is un-tucked it should cover it anyways. Most scrubs are reversible and will have a chest pocket and thats where i keep my cell phone...uh dropping out...what the?

yeah..like mchad...first thought was wear the scrub top inside out...also there are hidden passport/money holders like http://www.rei.com/product/617988 or http://www.rei.com/product/747922 Man for the sake of love don't let the pump thing be your reason for dropping out...learning to deal with the struggle will make your credibility SOAR with your patients. You will be so far ahead of your peers in your patients' eyes.

Honestly, I doubt the pump was the final straw that led to this decision. More likely it was a coincidence that the question was asked while there were other factors/stressors occurring in school. Either way, best of luck to you... hopefully the choice IRL was far more thought-out and less sudden than it appears online (I can imagine a few dozen pre-PAs pulling their hair out in frustration whenever they see a post along these lines).

I mean honestly, think long and hard about the loan repayment if nothing else...

Archived