Shadowing opportunity in Houston

Hello!

My name is Tashu and I'm about to graduate this December. I'm planning to apply to PA school and would love to find shadowing opportunities with PA's in the HOUSTON area.

I am currently enrolled in classes, but am willing to work around them to find a schedule that would best fit you. I also have Fridays of every week and am willing to devote it to shadowing a PA.

Please let me know if you'd be willing to consider taking me on as a shadow. Please message me if you would like to get to know more about me.

Thank you for your time,

Tashu

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is pretty difficult to get a shadowing opportunity. Your best chance would be to get in touch with a family/friend doctor who could link you up to a clinic. Or ask around at clinics. I am in the process of doing that as well. All the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am a student that will be applying to PA school in the fall. I wanted to know if there were any PA shadowing opportunities available in the Houston area. I live in Katy but I am willing to travel around the area. My hours are very flexible. Also I am not particular about which field to shadow, I want to get as many hours and experience as possible. Please contact me at jchilla6@gmail.com

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
It is pretty difficult to get a shadowing opportunity. Your best chance would be to get in touch with a family/friend doctor who could link you up to a clinic. Or ask around at clinics. I am in the process of doing that as well. All the best.

After many searches online, I am beginning to think this is indeed the best way. Thanks for the reminder.

I just wish I knew whether or not there are PA's in the NICU. My wife and I spent 6 months there with our son... until he passed. Most of the nurses, nurse practioners, and doctors we met were highly dedicated to their work. I watched as a nurse practioner was very reluctant to go home even well after his shift was over. I could tell he hated leaving... I want to have a career like that. The nurse practioner route would be a bigger shift from my current experience and personality however. Although I have a great deal of respect for what these guys do, I am much more of a "scientist," in the sense that I want to toss around ideas about the patient's problems and help formulate a treatment regimen, not necessarily only do the treating so-to-speak, which is why I think PA is the best route for me.

I am currently in an adjunct teaching position at a local university, as I already have a Master of Science, but after all we have been through, I am intrigued by the PA career and want to learn more about it. Any thoughts/ideas out there guys?

Best regards,

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a Bachelor of Science degree and is planning to apply to PA school in the upcoming year. I have been in search of volunteer and/or shadowing opportunities with PA's in the HOUSTON area.

I am currently working a full time job but am willing to work around my hours. If you aware of any opportunities in clinics or hospitals, please feel free to contact me at dria.rob@gmail.com

Best regards,

Landria

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! (^_^) I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post. I'm a stay at home mom working on my prerequisites and will get into PA school Baylor College of Medicine in Houston in the next two years. I am also searching for shadowing opportunities. Any suggestions or luck?

Thanks,

Chum

• 1 month later...
Guest askyoulc

Try Houston area public hospitals, like ones part of Harris County Hospital District. Otherwise I think your best bet is networking through friends and family. Good luck!

Archived