Really need help with follow up letter

I interviewed with a physician about 3 weeks ago (on a Friday). He had said that over the next week or two (he wasnt sure), they had a couple other candidates to interview and then would be making a decision. I had emailed the doctor a few days after interviewing to thank him for letting me come in. The following mid-week, I had emailed the practice manager to inquire about the progress. He only replied with a friendlyvague note to say they were still in the process. This is now the end of the 3rd week after I interviewed. I do know the physical therapy rep that goes there often and she had said that they had gotten busy and hadnt hired anyone yet (but they dont know I know this).

I am anxious as this is my top pick over the 4 jobs I've been to and really would like to know if I'm in the running. My question is...how much longer is appropriate to wait to follow up again? And when I do, what would be an appropriate email to send?

Thanks so much!

Archived