NHSC Loan Repayment Program

• 1 month later...

I'm in the NHSC. I started my contract July 2013. Your salary should not be lowered due to NHSC funds. I believe this is stated in the welcome package / paperwork.

I'm paid a competitive rate for my specialty (peds). The money is given to you directly (if you qualify and are awarded)via direct deposit. Your job just has to continue to qualify as a site and complete site verification every 6 months for you. If you have any other questions, send me a message.

• 1 month later...

Do you know if they accept students from schools that only have provisional accreditation because of being a new school? I know the NHSC website says schools must be accredited, I don't know if that includes provisional accreditation.

Also, does anyone have experience applying long before the program starts? My program doesn't start until early September, thus I don't have a PA school GPA and haven't interacted much with professors for LOR. I'm wondering if it will hurt my application to use LORs and GPA from undergrad.

Thanks for any advice! I'm really excited at the prospect of this program!

Archived