I wanna become a PA but i have carpal tunnel and possibly cubital tunnel

I'm a freshman and starting in few weeks. I'm so scared about my future, before i was diagnosed, my heart was already set to becoming a PA 8 months ago i was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome after a weight training class, i supposed I had genetic propensity for it since my mom also has it. I've seen PT but it didn't really cure it since surgey is probably the ideal way to get rid of it. It isn't severe atm but i often feel discomfort on both hands. It isn't an option right now since both of my parents earn minimum wage and I still have to worry about school costs. Any tips or suggestion? How is the schooling? Should I still pursue it or find another career?

Investigate your treatment options but don't even ask that last question.  If you wanna be a PA do not let anything said here deter you from your goal. ESPECIALLY if you have been accepted to a program!  There are functional requirements to becoming a PA so I would be careful about what I reveal to the program. I'm not encourage deception but just make sure you can comply with the technical functions required by each program. If you MUST talk to them perhaps you can speak with the school's Disability Services Program....they all have them. Whatever you do don't give up!! My 2 cents

• 4 weeks later...

Archived