Just a heads up for new students!!!  Summer classes 2014 starts soon. There is a chance that students will no longer be able to use power point slides for learning purposes as they will not be given out from instructors!!   So the new deal is the PA instructors will make students use their textbooks and objectives to study for exams. This will be your new but NOT improved way of learning.  

You will not be able to review any exams already taken. If you have questions, you will have to make an appt. with the instructor to go over your exam. If you have an 85 or above, you aren't eligible for an appt. One of their favorite lines is "it's not all about the grade" 

I'll continue to post with new info. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or just respond here. Even though we're told not to share info with the new students, I feel it is my duty to try and prepare you for what's ahead.

jjsnow

Sounds like a shake up. Do you get the impression they worried about the students testing performance? How are the most recent PANCE pass rates?

I know they are up for accreditation review in 2016.

Sent from the Satellite of Love using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting more confused about teaching style these instructors use for their courses. Confused about test results. You will never know what you got wrong on the tests. How can you improve if you never know or learn what you didn't get right? Especially on OSCE's. Instructors will never tell you what you didn't do right. You are expected to take a remediation test if you get below an 80% on each of the OSCE exams you perform on a fake patient. You will also have 20 minutes to do a full history and a full physical exam. You basically will pick out of a hat the 2 exams you will be graded on. I think it's out of 6 different possibilities. 

Archived