GRE Significance - 2014 Interviews

Hi Everyone,

I just took the GRE. I scored Q:146 V:148 A:3.5 according to the new standards. Now, this meets some school minimum requirements, but I don't know if it does for NU's.

When I went to the information session not to long ago, the previous director of the program mentioned that scores were insignificant and played a very small role in the decision making process. Does anyone else know about this? Should I plan on retaking it? How important is the GRE to getting in? I have a competitive GPA and tons of clinical/volunteer work experience along with professional work. 

Any help is much appreciated!

CHeers,

Andrew

ps. I attached the GRE average scores for students looking to go into PA.

post-109762-0-33204200-1398919914_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Andrew, Northwestern does not have a minimum GRE requirement. For their accepted class in 2012, GRE verbal range was 42nd - 95th percentile (~149-165) and quantitative was 34th - 94th percentile (~148-167).

You fall just below the ranges but since they do a holistic evaluation, you can compensate for your GRE weakness with other strengths. I wish you good luck!

Archived