PA residency in general surgery, trauma, critical care, and orthopaedic surgery

My name is Alden Casati and I'm the interim Program Director at the WakeMed postgraduate PA Residency Program in general surgery, trauma, critical care, and orthopaedic surgery. We offer a one-year program with intense, hands on experience in each of these four areas.

WakeMed is a level one trauma center located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Our hospital and our surgeons are dedicated to teaching and training PA's, physicians, and other health professionals to be the best minds in medicine.

We have elected to extend our application deadline for the class of 2011-2012 through the month of February 2011. If you are interested in getting more information about our program, please email us at paresidency@wakemed.org or by calling (919)350-8729.

If you would like to apply, please visit our HR website and fill out our online application at this link:

http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_wakemed/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=9687&localeCode=en-us

You will also need to contact us to get information on how to send us your supplemental application materials such as transcripts and letters of recommendation.

Both new grads and experienced PA's are welcome to apply. We anticipate having two potential start dates with the option of starting the program either in September 2011 or December 2011. Residents are paid a salary of $46,000 and will have hours compatible with the ACGME guidelines.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any information, and feel free to share this post with PA programs or PA's who might be interested in our program.

Thank you,

Alden Casati, MS, PA-C

Interim Program Director, PA Residency

WakeMed Faculty Physicians, Department of General Surgery and Trauma

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Our residency program is now accepting applications for our 5th class of PA residents at WakeMed in Raleigh, North Carolina. If you are interested in applying, you will need to complete our online application, as well as providing some supplemental documents including transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation, and an essay. Our deadline for applications will be January 16, 2012. We will begin interviews in February and will be accepting 3 residents this year, with staggered start dates in September and December 2012.

If you would like more information about our program, please visit our website or feel free to contact me at paresidency@wakemed.org

Our website: http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=1624

Online application: http://jobs.wakemed.org/raleigh-durham/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-resident-surgery-and-trauma-jobs

Thank you,

Alden Casati, MS, PA-C

Program Director, Postgraduate PA Residency

WakeMed Faculty Physicians, Department of General Surgery and Trauma

• 3 months later...

I would like to announce that WakeMed's Surgical PA Residency has transitioned to a year-round rolling admissions process. We will now accept applications throughout the year for our program. We will be accepting three residents per year, with potential start dates in March, June, September, or July. Applications are typically due six months prior to the desired start date to allow ample time for interviewing, licensing, and credentialing.

We provide a comprehensive education, focusing on pre-, peri-, and post-operative management of surgical patients, with exposure to a wide range of procedures and OR cases. Our physicians and faculty are dedicated to providing hands-on education to PA's. Residents in our program are integral to our multidisciplinary team and provide direct care to a diverse patient population. This hands-on approach allows our residents to become well-rounded and confident providers. Our graduates continue to be successful in their post-residency careers and have been hired to work in specialties such as general surgery, trauma, emergency medicine, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, and urogynecological surgery.

Anyone interested in our program is encouraged to visit our website or email me at paresidency@wakemed.org

http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=1624

I would like to announce that WakeMed's Surgical PA Residency has transitioned to a year-round rolling admissions process. We will now accept applications throughout the year for our program. We will be accepting three residents per year, with potential start dates in March, June, September, or July. Applications are typically due six months prior to the desired start date to allow ample time for interviewing, licensing, and credentialing.

We provide a comprehensive education, focusing on pre-, peri-, and post-operative management of surgical patients, with exposure to a wide range of procedures and OR cases. Our physicians and faculty are dedicated to providing hands-on education to PA's. Residents in our program are integral to our multidisciplinary team and provide direct care to a diverse patient population. This hands-on approach allows our residents to become well-rounded and confident providers. Our graduates continue to be successful in their post-residency careers and have been hired to work in specialties such as general surgery, trauma, emergency medicine, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, and urogynecological surgery.

Anyone interested in our program is encouraged to visit our website or email me at paresidency@wakemed.org

http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=1624

Archived