New grad salary negotiations in Sacramento

I have been unofficially offered a job in derm.  It is a primary care clinic that has a dermatologist come one week a month.  They would like me to see the dermatology patients between as well as perform procedures when the dermatologist is on site. I have already started training with the Dermatologist and will have more intense training when I graduate in August. I am wondering where to start negotiations. Anywhere in California (or elsewhere in the country) have suggestions for salary negotiation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Where are you at in the negotiation, what offer have they made you?

You can look at the AAPA salary report, but there isn't much other data available. It is my understanding that derm PAs typically take a hit in salary off the bat, with the understanding that it is a challenging field to get into and they will easily make up the financial difference on the tail end after a few short years of experience.

Let us know where you're at!

Archived