Pre-PA Hours

I wanted to go into somethings medical and love the medical fields. And when I got hurt really bad I talked to my physician assistant and physician a lot. They were always willing to talk to me and I got very interested in becoming a physician assistant. I know the requirements I need and the background of it. I just have questions about it that's all.

I wanted to go into somethings medical and love the medical fields. And when I got hurt really bad I talked to my physician assistant and physician a lot. They were always willing to talk to me and I got very interested in becoming a physician assistant. I know the requirements I need and the background of it. I just have questions about it that's all.

Then you may have to explore your "passion" by working towards an EMT, CNA, or Phlebotomy cert. They aren't that hard to obtain over the course of a semester or so and will allow you to experience medicine/get a job for HCE.

Sent from the Satellite of Love using Tapatalk

Ok. Thank you. I got into a huge arguement because of it.

Is there any jobs you can get to have patient care contact without certification or anything?

Not ones that prepare you well for PA school, expose you to medicine, and build up future competencies.

Patient care isn't something you do just to get into PA school. It should be something you do to work towards a lifetime of skill building in healthcare.

You want to be prepared, not just checking off requirements.

Sent from the Satellite of Love using Tapatalk

Allideem - PACdan isn't busting your chops just for fun. If you're serious about a career as a PA (or any career for that matter), you'll put in the time and effort to find out how to get there. Look at PA program websites and see what they count as patient hours. Read about that topic on this forum - patient experience has been discussed extensively. Don't get in the habit of making decisions based solely on something that a friend said, that someone on this forum says, etc. Get the best information from the most credible sources and then YOU do the deciding. 

Archived