Explain PCT Certification

Does anyone know about PCT certification, particularly in Kansas? I'm trying to get my CNA licenses right now but I notice that a lot of hospitals list PCT instead of CNA on the job opportunity lists. After having volunteered in a hospital, I realize that I would rather work at one than at a retirement home. I've heard it's a program in itself that lasts a year but I've also heard that all I have to do is take a test after getting my CNA license and a week long course for certification. Can anyone help?

In the hospital that I work at, and those that I bring patients to, PCT is a job title, with CNA being the requisite certification.  I've been a paramedic for the past five years and have never heard of a specific "PCT certification."  If you want to know, call the HR department and ask for clarification.

I have worked at two hospitals in Kansas, under the title "Patient Care Tech" (Menorah Medical) and "Patient Care Assistant" (University of Kansas Hospital). The jobs were identical, and equivalent to a CNA. I believe that the state of Kansas does not technically require a CNA license to work in a hospital, but most want you to have the license, especially if you don't have any hospital experience. Missouri, on the other hand, does require the CNA certificate. 

Where in Kansas are you located? I know that my unit at KU Med is currently hiring... 

Archived