Passed the PANCE. 1st try. This is how I did it.

Dr. Conrad Fischer and Dr. Francis Ihejirika...thats how I did it

Conrad Fischer- Kaplan USMLE

Dr. Francis- Pass Program

Find the pass program videos online..They are out there! Just look for them. Whether youtube, pirate bay, etc. You must know your physio front and back! watch all 30+ videos. They are all at least one hour. You should be able to knock them out in 1 month.

Once you have watched these videos then watch the Kaplan USMLE step 2 videos with Conrad Fischer (you may also add the step 3 videos as well). You can also find these online, if you search your heart out. You must be able to answer the following questions for EVERY topic on the blueprint and then some.

What is the most likely diagnosis?

What is the best initital test?

What is the most accurate test?

What is the best initital treatment?

What is the best overall treatment?

The books "master the boards Step 2 CK, Step 3 and the internal medicine boards"  all by kaplan medical address each topic with this outline. Also Conrad Fischers flascards that you can get at any bookstore will suffice as well.

In addition to these books I used the Davis Review book. Which I highly highly recommend. The first aid USMLE step 2 CK (just as another review book, didnt want to depend soley on kaplan)

I DID NOT use te AAPA book. IMO it just was not good enough for me. (I have my own gripes about it).

I scored  93% in Cardio, 83% Pulm, 88% endocrine, 81% HEENT, 84% GI, 95% reproductive, 100% ID, 88% Heme, 75% neuro, 92% psyc 76% Musculoskelatal,  69% both derm and GU (the latter 3 being my weakest subjects)

This is the BEST advice I can give to anyone. You should start the PASS program videos at least 6 months before you even graduate, but if you have graduated, then like i said before should be able to knock them out in 1-2 weeks. You must must must must must must MUST have a solid foundation in phsyio if you want to succeed in passing the PANCE. Trust me! Take the next two weeks to go over the kaplan videos. Thats one month of studying post grad. (If you can start 6 months before graduation and space it out, it will work for you better, that is how I did it)

In all I wish you the best of luck in your studying. Study like there is no tomorrow. :)

As for me I litterally found out I passed an hour ago, took my test last thursday, going to go have a nice breakfast now!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived