Which Route for Improving GPA

I am taking additional classes this upcoming semester to improve my GPA for next application cycle.  One school that I am potentially interested in has a Biochemistry prereq.  There is an Intro to Biochem class offered at my local CC and I was told by the program that this would be acceptable.  My other option is to take Organic Chemistry II next semester at CC and full Biochem at university in summer (Org II is a prereq).  

I have completed 58 hours over the past two years at 4.0.  Low GPA from undergrad completed in 2004.  The feedback I received this cycle was to improve my overall and science GPA's.  I will be taking either 17 or 18 credit hours (all science) this semester to get my numbers as high as possible before submitting my app.

I am having trouble deciding which way to go.  Should I take the more difficult combination of classes (Org II and Biochem) in hopes that this helps prove my ability to handle difficult coursework?  It seems like my situation is now more of a numbers game and the content of coursework is not as important.  Any thoughts?  

Can you take an EMT course at your CC?

I think that takes one semester and it is calculated in your science GPA (per CASPA)  I think it is 12 credits, so that would be a big boost if you get an A

IMO -- I think its best to take any science class that you can get A's in.

No matter if it is lower division or higher.  As long as it is calculated on the science GPA by CASPA (they have a list on their website on what is calculated on the science GPA)

Don't take a difficult science class if you are not 100% sure that you can get an A in…….. you might hurt your chances instead  

I took the EMT course my first semester back to school, mine was 6 credits.  I am confident that I will earn an A in whatever class that I take.  My main issue is the additional time and cost that it will take to do the Orgo/Biochem combo.  It would be much easier to go with these courses if I felt like they would make a difference.

I will also be taking pathophysiology, nutrition, ECG, intro pharmacology, and bioethics.  All our listed as science through CASPA and most are prereqs for at least one of the programs I am interested in.  

Looks like I am going to go with the intro biochem class and hope that 75 hours of post bacc at 4.0 will be enough to prove my ability.  This will put my cGPA and sGPA at 3.2 and 3.1.

I am taking additional classes this upcoming semester to improve my GPA for next application cycle.  One school that I am potentially interested in has a Biochemistry prereq.  There is an Intro to Biochem class offered at my local CC and I was told by the program that this would be acceptable.  My other option is to take Organic Chemistry II next semester at CC and full Biochem at university in summer (Org II is a prereq).  

I have completed 58 hours over the past two years at 4.0.  Low GPA from undergrad completed in 2004.  The feedback I received this cycle was to improve my overall and science GPA's.  I will be taking either 17 or 18 credit hours (all science) this semester to get my numbers as high as possible before submitting my app.

I am having trouble deciding which way to go.  Should I take the more difficult combination of classes (Org II and Biochem) in hopes that this helps prove my ability to handle difficult coursework?  It seems like my situation is now more of a numbers game and the content of coursework is not as important.  Any thoughts?  

I went back to school after working full time after I graduated with my bachelor's degree in order to complete my prerequisites....I wanted to do it the easiest and cheapest way that I could....the school I attended (a community college) offered an intro. to biochemistry class...I made sure the schools I was applying to would take community college credit and would accept that particular class for their requirement. It was pretty easy to contact the programs and send them the course information.....I would say that as long as the programs you are applying to will take that intro. class then there's no need to go the other route...unless you are trying to bump your GPA or something and feel the additional organic 2 might help in that respect...

Archived