Some insight?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to which courses would look better when applying to pa school.  A professor of mine told me to take Physics I & II in addition to the pre-reqs, but I was just wondering if these are good courses to take because I have only found a few schools that even recommend it.  My school offers a course in Histology at the 300 level and a course in Advanced Medical Microbiology.  I'm not so sure about the Histology class but regardless, does anyone think these would look better on a transcript than Physics classes?

Sorry if I am asking re-hashed questions.

I am new to this forum.

Thanks. :)

Hello,

It is true most PA schools do not require physics but I also came across a few schools that do so if you have the chance take it. From personal experience, I took advanced biology courses like Endocrinology and such and during my interview the committee members said the were impressed with the advanced courses on my transcript and it definitely made my application stand out from the rest. I say take the Histology course and any other ones that might help your coursework.

BEST WISHES!

Be careful with physics. Make sure you take a great professor. I took physics and failed it way before I even knew PAs existed and it's not even a prerequisite for the program that I want to get into. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to retake the class. And since I'm at the same university with the same awful professors, I'm pretty much up the creek when it comes to making an A. I say take it if you're certain you'll do well. Otherwise, choose an upper level biology class that has some medical correlation. You'll be happy you did.

Archived