Utah: Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that I did actually start a facebook group. The group is called "RMUoHP Physician Assistant Class 2017" - if you request to join, I should be able to add you. If you can't find it the web address that should direct you there is:

It's exciting to see more activity on this page and I have a feeling that this is going to be a fantastic inaugural class!

Can any of the first year students share their first year cultural experiences ? For example, were there any people coming from a big city out of state? How is the cultural diversity of the first class? How did you like living in Provo? Etc? Feel free to message me personally as well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can any of the first year students share their first year cultural experiences ? For example, were there any people coming from a big city out of state? How is the cultural diversity of the first class? How did you like living in Provo? Etc? Feel free to message me personally as well!!!

BiologyPrePa,

I am a student in the Inaugural class. There is plenty of cultural diversity in our class. I am from a rural community in Texas but we have students from (I believe) 8 different states and an even greater range of backgrounds (one student is from Phili to answer your big city out of state question). Some of us are from rural areas but the majority are from urban/semi-urban areas. Many students speak multiple languages. For previous work experience for students, we have former EMTs, Paramedics, Xray Techs, Lab Techs, LVNs, MAs, and many more. 

I love living in Provo. Cost of living is great and there are plenty of activities (when you have the time....lol). For the most part, everyone in the area is friendly and quite accommodating. There is also a VERY low crime rate.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Good luck!

BiologyPrePa,

I am a student in the Inaugural class. There is plenty of cultural diversity in our class. I am from a rural community in Texas but we have students from (I believe) 8 different states and an even greater range of backgrounds (one student is from Phili to answer your big city out of state question). Some of us are from rural areas but the majority are from urban/semi-urban areas. Many students speak multiple languages. For previous work experience for students, we have former EMTs, Paramedics, Xray Techs, Lab Techs, LVNs, MAs, and many more.

I love living in Provo. Cost of living is great and there are plenty of activities (when you have the time....lol). For the most part, everyone in the area is friendly and quite accommodating. There is also a VERY low crime rate.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for all that information. It's good to hear that there is a lot of cultural and background diversity in the program. This helps a lot.

Cost of living and low crime rate is also super important to me so thanks for mentioning that. It's rare that you get both together.

I'm very excited about coming to interview here. Hopefully I get the chance to meet you and other helpful students. !!

• 1 month later...

Archived