Updating CV

I've only been working for three months as a PA and am applying for an additional part-time job to obtain more hours/income. Should I delete my rotation experiences? Also, should I include other relevant work experience (i.e. EMT) or just my current and only PA position?

Since you only have three months as a PA, I would include your clinical rotations and other relevant work experience on your CV.

I am in a similar situation as tigerlilly. I am trying to tailor my resume to the position I'm applying for. In my old resume, I had "Education" at the top, but now I think that "Summary of Qualifications" and "Relevant Experience" are more appropriate to start with. So, where should I put the Education information? Underneath those topics, and before the affiliations/training/references?

Also, I still haven't figured it out, but what is the difference between a resume and a CV?! My current "resume" that I'm working on is 1 1/2 pages long.

A CV (curriculum vitae) focuses on your education, not your experience, while a resume focuses on your experience. Typically, a CV starts with your education, moves to your academic appointments and, in the case of a medical person, your job titles, then your publications and professional presentations. It never includes statements about your responsibilities within your positions - those are on a resume. At 3 months out of school, you are more likley to be preparing a resume, not a CV. Nevertheless, given your limited experience, if your clinical rotations demonstrate your experience in the clinical disciple for which you are applying, then by all means include them.

Archived