Best salary data information

I am struggling here a little with bits of confusing data coming in. So far it is possible to get from this forum what new grads are being offered. Again it is probably biased towards the low end, otherwise you wouldn't ask if the offer is good or not.

What concerns me is the average figures from DOL. Can you really believe it? Do people report just the base without any bonuses and such?

I heard MD once saying that "we start our PAs and NPs" in the 60s-70s, which was odd to hear. I looked up some academic salaries in the state universities and they range from 90-125K (none were program directors). I would think that academic medicine would pay less than private practice.

Can someone shed the light on a realistic salary with let's say 4-5 years of experience. Complete take home check per annum for a SINGLE job (40 hours a week or so).

Also what is the normal rates for moonlighting?

Thank you so much!

I am struggling here a little with bits of confusing data coming in. So far it is possible to get from this forum what new grads are being offered. Again it is probably biased towards the low end, otherwise you wouldn't ask if the offer is good or not.

What concerns me is the average figures from DOL. Can you really believe it? Do people report just the base without any bonuses and such?

I heard MD once saying that "we start our PAs and NPs" in the 60s-70s, which was odd to hear. I looked up some academic salaries in the state universities and they range from 90-125K (none were program directors). I would think that academic medicine would pay less than private practice.

Can someone shed the light on a realistic salary with let's say 4-5 years of experience. Complete take home check per annum for a SINGLE job (40 hours a week or so).

Also what is the normal rates for moonlighting?

Thank you so much!

You can't answer that question. Salary depends on location, duties and work environment. For what its worth the average in the US in 2010 was probably around $90k (4-5 years goes across the bands). DOL data is suspect (it usually includes MA salaries reported as PA salaries). $70k for new grad in primary care would not be unusual. There should be a new AAPA salary report out shortly. Their data process turned into a real mess the last couple of years but they seem to have it back on track. 

Archived